|Robbert van der Steeg @CC|
The year had far more than thirteen graces to gather up, but here is a start.
- I wrote two articles for Slate magazine on chemophobia and doing science outside the lab. Best parts? Listening to The Boy do a dramatic reading of the comments on the chemophobia one, and staying up till all hours to write them with Crash for virtual company.
- Revisiting the Spiritual Exercises in Lent, for this project at DotMagis.
- We had two car crashes in twenty minutes.
- I have a new red MINI Cooper. (4. is not unrelated to 3.)
- Getting to experience James Turrell's Perceptual Cell at LACMA.
- Retreat. Silence.
- Retreats. Preaching them.
- The US Open came to town. I rode my bike and went for a day with Math Man.
- Traveling with my students — both through space, from Wernersville to Japan and back — and through time, from the desert fathers and mothers to Merton and Annie Dillard.
- Writing for Homilists for the Homeless.
- Watching The Boy sing The Modern Major General.
- Picking up Crash at Wonderful Jesuit University after his first year.
- Going to the ACS meeting in New Orleans with The Boy.