Thursday, November 10, 2005

Interventional Radiology: An Essential Skill for Motherhood


I never entertained the idea of going to med school, chemistry has been a passion for as long as I can remember, but the Saturday before Halloween I wished I could trade places with my grad school roommate (now a radiologist). Barnacle Boy wanted to be a Munchy for Halloween. The Munchies are cartoon characters BB and his friend ML cooked up last year. To make the Munchy frame, I ended up threading long wires through casings along the outer edges of the costume. This process would have been much easier if I had gone to med school, become a radiologist and spent years placing stents in arteries. Who knew?

2 comments:

  1. Still, a most excellent costume! I love homemade Halloween costumes. And even cooler that he dressed as a character of his own invention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was delighted in his choice of costume, too. The munchies are pretty amazing characters...and to see one peeled off the page and roaming around the neighborhood was quite a sight, I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete