- It was hot and steamy for several days, which has the positive effect of encouraging stillness. I spent several afternoons sitting in the cloister garden, reading and drawing (not well, but a good contemplative exercise).
- Watching a 20 acre field, glittering with fireflies. Special effects like I've never seen.
- A deer and her fawns crashing through the hedgerow at night (after which I took a flashlight - deer up close are BIG).
- The line of sneakers holding open the doors on the second floor, in hope of getting a cross breeze.
- Hoarding quarters to do my laundry again, like grad school