I still feel like I've brought too much along. The ultimate packing list:
- clothes etc.
- two pillows (despite having thrown the Ignatian principle of not "re-discerning" something to the winds on this one, I don't think I'm going to regret it!)
- tea and electric tea kettle (and a travel mug, so I didn't have to pack two, I left my usual mug home and the kettle because the water for tea here in the summer was tepid at best and while I'm all for being ascetic, that penitential I'm unwilling to commit to just yet)
- my knitting
- The Lord of the Rings (on my iPod to listen to....the BBC version...and the books)
- my camera (I did promise pictures)
- Breviary, journal, bible and my favorite translation of the psalms
I've left various and sundry posts to appear on the blog, and written ahead for the Standard and Times, so in some way, I'll still be inhabiting this space. See you all in a few weeks...