Sunday, December 27, 2009

High Tech Examen

Last year at this time I was packing up to leave for the Spiritual Exercises. This year I'm lazing on the sofa recovering from a nasty bug. Unable to muster much energy to review the year at this point, I tossed all my posts for 2009 and for 2008 into a tagcloud app, wondering if an objective view from 10,000 feet might be revealing. Are the words I use any different post the Exercises? The topics I'm writing about?

Life, Christ and prayer loom larger; silence has diminished (was I less desperate for it when I was on sabbatical and luxuriating in long stretches of quiet?); morning has become night?; and I'm contemplative rather than waiting. And the exercises clearly have made a mark...

2 comments:

  1. cool... I like this reflection strategy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:11 PM

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete