Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Writing from the other side of my brain

My brain has two sides...the science side and the not science side? As Crash and the Boy would say, "Awkward?" I'd rather think it's more like the optical illusion where you see two different people, depending on where your focus is. Look at me one way, I'm a scientist, squint and I'm another thing entirely (if only I knew what to call it!) Whoever I am, I write.

In 2006, Bora Zivkovic put together the first edition of Open Laboratory, a print collection of the best science blogging of the year. Now in its 4th year, the 2009 edition, guest edited by scicurious at Neurotopia is going to press soon. A record 760 posts were nominated, winnowed down to fifty by scicurious and her panel of judges. The exciting news? One post of mine (The Pressure to Preserve) from the blog my other persona writes will be included....and I got this lovely blog button to display!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:15 PM

    Congrats! I know a few bloggers in my "other life" who were selected, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool... says the man with two brains, which love to look at the world at the same time.

    ReplyDelete