Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lent in the mail


From the back cover:
What does the Church teach us about the penance we are assigned during the sacrament of reconciliation? In Living Your Penance, Michelle Francl-Donnay leads us to a deeper understanding of reconciliation, highlighting the importance of our penance to our spiritual growth. She encourages us to live our penances out each and every day and challenges us to pay attention to what it teaches us about ourselves and God's love for us.
I'm not sure I manage all that in this little book about penances, the small acts of satisfaction penitents are asked to make in as part of sacramental reconciliation in the Catholic tradition! But I do hope it is a warmly encouraging reflection on the ongoing graces of this sacrament.


And....I have a dozen copies to give away. If you'd like one to stash away for Lent, let me know in the comments.

16 comments:

  1. May I have one, please? Thanks so much for sharing them...I can't wait to read it!

    And they're pretty relevant to Advent too (mine at least! Just starting to journal, reflect and think about making that phone call...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and could you please inscribe it? I know you're too modest to do it unless I ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I would love one please. And like Laura, your own hand writing inside... well, that would be a gift.

    Thank you Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see a copy, but would be happy to buy if it you tell me where. And I'd even pay extra for the autograph... :-)

    Lisa B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, of course I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the mail, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can we purchase this booklet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb...you can find them here. They are not expensive :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Me!--and more likely than not I'll leave it on the table for interested house members. (signature would be lovely). I'll tell them it's from an Ignatian source so it must be good.

    Congratulations again! I wonder if you've grown accustomed to seeing your name in book form or if it's still odd, considering the non-specifically-scientific area?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flacie...one was already on its way to you, along with that long-ago and far away begun post card! Alas, alas, I didn't think of inscribing it, you must needs make do with a hand written letter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love one if you'd send it as far as Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would happily send one along, Hope! Drop me an email at mfcst@gmail.com with your address and I will put one in the post....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just bought 5 copies!! This is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried to send an email to you at mfcst@gmail.com and it bounced back. Will try again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope...I had a typo in the email:

    mfdcst@gmail.com

    apologetically, Michelle

    ReplyDelete