Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflecting 2011


As I've done the last two years, I've dumped the text of the blog into a word frequency analyzer (Wordle) and made a word cloud. I'm struck by the consistency of my writing. Total words on the blog this year? 64840 Last year? 65299! 172 posts. God appears 297 times, prayer and its variants at 257. Last year's numbers are eerily similar, 311 and 258, respectively. I'm on message.

As one that longs to see God in all things, I'm amused that see is embedded in God. And I'm enjoying the accidental co-location of God's and Crash, which I can read several ways. Crash surely is God's (as I've written here, a column I was thinking about today when Crash again bore the cross into Church on a Marian feast). But in this season, where God crashed into time, I prefer to read it as a metaphor for the Incarnation.

And on what other blog might you find the words synchrotron and refulgence both in play?

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Michelle! Thank you for your wonderful blog, your wonderful sharing, your wonderful presence on this earth!

    God bless,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. having just completed our Nutmeg Designs Wordle, Glass is God, God is Glass ;')

    ReplyDelete