Thursday, December 06, 2012

Reflection: Choosing the better part



I'm certain it was my friend Fran who coined the word crazymadbusyness to describe this time of year -- and it's such a good one, I used it twice in this reflection, given just before Thanksgiving at a local retreat house run by the IHM sisters.  In it I think about practical ways to pry (pray?) my fingers off my to-do list and try 'to-be' instead.

I'm giving another reflection there next week: Made Radiant by the Light of the World.  If you are in the area and want to come, it is from 7 to 8 pm at the IHM conference center in Bryn Mawr.

1 comment:

  1. I have had my eye on this reflection since you first posted it but I'm in the middle of studying for a final exam (yes, older people go back to grad school just for interest) so I was hesitant to take the time; however, today I decided to listen while I took time away to eat lunch. I appreciate your thoughts on the struggle we have when we really want to be Mary but feel we have to fulfill so many duties. As I'm retired I am able to spend much more time being present with Jesus but I needed the reminder today in the midst of cramming as much into my old brain cells as possible to pass the exam. I need to remember why I'm taking the course - not to get another piece of paper - but to learn more about our faith so I can more effectively be present for others. Thanks for helping me to readjust my priorities.

    ReplyDelete