Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Case for Camels

Me: Good night, my little 19 year old! Love you tons, Mom and Dad... 
Sorry...wrong window open.
The Boy: #old #texting
Me: #young #carinsurance
The Boy: #myBad #useCamelTextPlease
Me: #NewVocab #BlogPost
The Boy: #dontCapatalizeTheFirstWord #itsComputerScience
Me: #spelling #inMyDay computers only understood one case UPPER

On the night before my birthday, for as long as I can remember, my mother would wish me "Goodnight my little n year old!" and greet me the next morning with, "Good morning, my big n+1 year old."  Long after my age no longer correlated linearly with my height, my mother would make the traditional wish.  She called one year from London (in the days when making that phone call was neither inexpensive nor trivial) to do it.

Tonight I texted Crash the traditional pre-birthday wish.  Except that I didn't.  I accidentally sent the  text to The Boy.  There was no calling it back, and I steeled myself for the snark was sure to follow.

There was snark on both sides, but I also learned about CamelCase, which I use when I code, but didn't have a name for.

1 comment:

  1. You had me at "snark." #happyBirthdayBoy

    ReplyDelete