Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Geeky Delights

I'm on the road for a few days - and took the train north this afternoon. Alas there were delays, which left me time to eat my lunch and browse the NY Times while waiting in Philly's restored train station when I happened upon this article: Amazon to sell E-Books for Apple Devices. This is the 21st century - before I finished my yogurt I had downloaded the free Kindle app, picked a book to read and updated my iPod.

In the interest of traveling light (and of getting a lot of writing done on various projects while on the train) I'd left behind an extra book. Without adding an ounce, and for less than the cost of a paperback in the station bookshop, I now have a book for the trip. I read the first chaper while waiting in line to board.

Amazon notes that the Kindle is better if you're doing lots of ebook reading, and I agree, and I prefer book books to electronics as a rule, but it's nice to have for the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment