Friday, March 13, 2009

iRay

Barnacle Boy played one round of dodge ball this week. Or not quite one round - he gave it up after a ball collided with his hand. His little finger swelled up, turned purple and green. Off we went to the pediatrician, then to get an X-ray, then back to the pediatrician. Monday we're for the hand surgeon. Happy Friday the 13th?

Thankfully, we have good insurance coverage and the Boy isn't in significant pain. He's grown enough to solo with the X-ray tech (who, along with the radiologist, stayed overtime so we wouldn't have to go to the ER on a Friday night - an unlooked for grace of the day). He reappeared marveling at how the technology has improved since his last encounter with radiology (a partially severed Achilles tendon - all I'll say is that when your mother says don't play with scissors, she generally has a good reason). "It was just like iPhoto, Mom. They dragged and dropped the images they wanted on the screen." We decided they could call it iRay.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:34 PM

    I'm so sorry to hear about BB's hand...what a bummer! Here's hoping it heals quickly. The only good thing I can say is that it's still possible to read pretty well with one hand, so at least he won't have to give that up!

    Will be thinking of you both at the hand surgeon...I went there myself years ago after my hand got hit during a volleyball game in the Poconos while away with the church youth group. My youth pastor said to 'walk it off'; he was a bit sheepish when it turned out I'd broken the knuckle.

    Take care,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a finger x-ray, too, oddly enough. The radiologist here is very cool, and sweet to boot, plus a total geek - all to say, fun and comforting, both. This is actually the second time he's seen me in two months, and he always invites me to the computer while he transfers the images and then plays with them, and then he shows me what he and my orthopedist are looking for. It makes the whole thing a much better experience.

    I'm glad you all are holding up okay for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:05 AM

    where and how could i get the english version of breviary? have one in italian. thanks much.

    ReplyDelete