Friday, September 05, 2008

Tails from the Godfather

Caution: This is not a tale for the faint of heart.

Today Math Man and I have been married for 16 years (for this year, we are celebrating a pair of perfect squares - which our kids think we are, anyway!).

As Math Man stepped out the door tonight (on his way to clean the gutters before the oncoming storm), I stopped him before he stepped on a suspicious furry bundle sitting on the edge of the doormat. "It's just fluff from the doormat." "I don't think so," I countered, "If you do, pick it up!" "Uh, get me a baggie will you?" my spouse counters cautiously.

"It looks like a tail. It's not Fluffy's is it?" Math Man inquired. "Not her color!" (Fluffy is a natural blonde.)

We're trying to decide if (a) Fluffy left it as an anniversay gift for us; (b) It's been left as a warning for Fluffy in the currently feline battle for dominance or (c) Fluffy has left it as a warning to other cats.

And no, we're not certain it's a cat's tail.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I got to the end, but the whole time I was thinking... I should have been cleaning my gutters instead of drinking wine and eating Lebanese food with friends. How do I always make the wrong choices? Oh well. good luck with the storm. some how the first wave missed us and it is still dry as the hair of a tail left on your doormat. Still lots headed our way. Peace to you and fluffy... and congratulations on those 16 years..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... so I am a goofball. it was soaking wet outside, but the sidewall was dry in the sun was barely up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, love, and many happy returns to you and Math Man. =^..^=

    ReplyDelete