Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Queen is in Residence

My dad's farm is marked by two flagpoles, generally sporting the US flag and the California state flag. Years ago he bought flags for each of the states where kids, spouses and grandkids were born. My boys love to "read" the flags as we approach, to see which cousins might already have arrived, or if their flag is flying. Everyone is here or will be, here this week, for my dad's wedding, but it's my Lousiana flag that's aloft. When my brother, The Reverend, asked why, I offered, "It indicates that her Majesty, the Queen, is in residence." I am still surprised he didn't dump me in the pool for that one!


The flag wars have begun. My brother put up the Texas flag this morning!

1 comment:

  1. I like the flag idea!

    I can see how the competitive blood could run thick there!

    ReplyDelete