Thursday, April 17, 2008

Caught in the act


I drove up Tuesday afternoon to see my spiritual director at the old Jesuit novitiate in Wernersville. I had a glorious walk - including a round through the cemetery (inspired by Stratoz). There were only a couple of other guests in the house, including a visiting Franciscan, a guest director for the retreat to begin in a couple of days.

Just before dinner, I'd been on the computer on the first floor...and startled when the visiting director came through the door looking for the computer. A bit of guilt do we think? I promised to be done in a moment.

I was enjoying my tea after dinner, reading a terrific article in Commonweal about anchoresses and reveling in being momentarily unneeded when I realized my Franciscan friend was standing next to me. "Could you please tell me the password to the computer?" A bit of IT help was fair penance for my earlier indulgence.

1 comment:

  1. I saw they have a lock on that computer room door, but I would have even felt more guilt if someone would have rattled a locked door. I just gave myself a pat on the shoulder for the many times I managed to walk by the room.

    ReplyDelete