Saturday, May 31, 2008

Creation in Chaos


I'm clearing out my spaces - both internal and external - for the start of my summer. My prayer space is tucked into the former closet in my study. As sacred spaces go, it's small - 15 square feet perhaps. The ceiling slants, and for me it evokes the chapel balcony at St. Isaac Jogues outside of Reading. There is a solidity about being tucked up against the buttresses in the chapel, and similarly here in my house.

Last month I met a fellow blogger and his wife - who makes marvelous mosaics. I admit I coveted this one from the moment I saw it on Flickr. Now it hangs in my prayer space, reminding me of chaos, creation, still points in turning worlds, whirlwinds of the Spirit...like all good liturgical art it has layers that keep revealing themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment