Monday, February 16, 2009

Cogent Kids

The boys made me brunch this morning. Crepes, "mimosas" (OJ with gingerale), and tea. Roses on the table and chocolates on my plate. The conversation was scintillating (and only occasionally gross - we are talking teen-aged boys here). Barnacle Boy wanted to know if I would buy him a Segway (this is an ongoing family joke). "No," said Mom. "Can you at least give me a cogent reason?" asked my 12 year-old. I could. Would you rather have new kitchen cabinets (our are in deep failure at this point)? "No, I'd rather have a Segway." At least he agreed my reason was cogent.

1 comment:

  1. I am imagining the look of disbelief on my sons' faces if I mentioned kitchen cabinets as a priority over anything, let alone something as compelling as a Segway.

    The brunch sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete