Tuesday, March 26, 2013

On the Ignatian Adventure: Passion, pain and presence

From my most recent post at DotMagis on the Ignatian Adventure:

"As I walked into town for my meeting later, I thought about how difficult it was to move from threading my way through a mass of effervescent middle schoolers into the Passover crowds in Jerusalem, and to walk away from Jesus’ body in his mother’s lap out onto to the sidewalks of Bryn Mawr. Maybe it would have been better to keep these contemplations for the seclusion and quiet my study offers late at night?"

For me, at least, one grace of the Third Week of St. Ignatius' Exercises is that of presence in the midst of chaos, a way of being willing to face the difficult, the painful, the painfully confusing.  You can read the rest of this reflection here...


For the record,  the sign inside my door, a gift from Crash, actually reads: The very contradictions in my life are in some ways signs of God's mercy to me. — Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment