Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Johnny Mathis' cover of "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" was playing and I was trying so hard not to laugh lest I bite the poor dentist filling my mouth with local anesthetic.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you be of good cheer
It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

The irony of an emergency root canal (the result of a cracked tooth) on the day before Christmas Eve juxtaposed against that song made us all crack up. I wasn't particularly cheery about it all.

So I'm eating yogurt and pudding and swallowing antibiotics and lots of ibuprofen. Still, jingle belling seems right out.

I'm grateful that not only was the dental office open, but my dentist and his top team were in. I'll take that as a Christmas gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment