Saturday, May 28, 2005

From 0 to 60 in under 10 seconds

There are days when I dream of driving a zippy BMW like the one Halle Berry drove in the James Bond flick. Alas, the household budget doesn't include a line for sports cars and my commute to work is a 35 mph zone all the way.

Motherhood meets my need for speed. Tonight, at 3:15 am, I woke from a very sound sleep to, "Mom, nose bleed!". (Actually, all I remember hearing is "nose bleed," but the caller who is curled up beside me on the sofa assures me he used my name.) I went from dead to the world to fully functional by the time I got downstairs. I'm amazed at the way your mind can register, process and respond to a call when I think I'm unconscious.

Now, of course, that the nosebleed seems to have stopped, it's 4:03 am and I don't know what to do with all the extra adrenaline. It was useful in the moment, but I'm done now. The birds are just waking up....I wondered when that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment