Wednesday, February 01, 2012

I feel like sushi

I've been reading about multiple ways of "reading" a text in a couple of places, particularly in Thomas Moore's Care of the Soul and in some of the stuff I'm browsing for my sabbatical project. Today I began to suspect that all this reading about multiple readings is warping my ability to read things.

On the back of the Wired sitting on the table in the little alcove where I eat lunch is an ad (for Siri) with the text "I feel like sushi." My first thought? I do feel a bit like sushi these days, all wrapped up in my red down coat and shawl. From there my mind swept on to thinking about how my (very raw) hands feel like sushi. Do I feel like eating sushi? Not particularly...thanks for asking.

And yes, those are what you think they are. Peep sushi.

3 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY making Peep Sushi for my older son this Easter. He loves Sushi and would think this is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peeps make me shudder......sushi comes in a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge Peep fan, but never thought of Sushi. Infact, I hardly ever think of Sushi! Love the Peep factor. My niece (now all grown up) and I used to belong to the Peep fan club... T-shirts, newsletter the whole thing. We still gift each other with Peeps when they are in season.

    m

    ReplyDelete